U12 is for kids that like to rip it up all weekend (Saturday and Sunday), all winter long! The U12 program offers an excellent opportunity for young athletes to improve their skiing skills with an increased focus on race technique and individual racing. The children will enjoy a good mix of skiing from all-mountain, moguls, glade skiing, drill courses, gates and race courses. The program is designed to inspire and challenge these young children, and motivate them to get the most out of themselves in a safe and fun environment. Athletes learn age appropriate slalom and giant slalom skills to develop their racing and skiing proficiency. CFSC professional coaches will also offer advice on conditioning, healthy living, pre-race mental preparation, and ski tuning, while fostering a team spirit within the athlete groups.
Our program is flexible and can accommodate athletes across various levels of commitment to the sport including those inspiring to become ski racers, or those wishing to become strong, versitile all-mountain skiers. In addition to our core 15 week racing module, racers can choose to participate in a variety of optional enhanced training programs: the conditioning camp in the sping/summer, pre-season off-snow conditioning in the fall, pre-season camp in the late fall and extra training and specialty camps during the skiing season. We strongly recommend using several of the enhanced training opportunities for those committed to the alpine skiing as their primary sport. See enhanced training for a full list of options and prices.
The Base U12 program includes:
- 35 Days on snow
- Saturday AND Sunday training and/or racing
- Christmas Camp Dec 27-29, 31-Jan 3, 5-8, 2017 (No training Dec. 24,25)
- Start: Saturday,
December 10, 2016 (No training Dec 11th)December 17th (make-up date Dec. 5th)
- End: Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Daily Schedule: 9:00 am – 3 p.m. with 1-hour lunch break (8:30AM start time begining in January)
- Regional racing series, regional championships and club championship (Skimeister)
- Optional out of region travel races available and optional enhanced training camps( at an additional cost)
Program Fee includes the following:
- Club membership fee
- Regional Race Fees
- Club Uniform (soft stretch mid-layer jacket)
- Program (coaching + training)
- Refundable Volunteer Deposit: $250.00
- Regional and ProvincialFees*
* The program includes NCD fees and AOA fees for CFSC registered Athletes; Regional ZSO, and SQA fees for ESCF registered Athletes and the PSO raffle ($40).
Note: The program fee does NOT include your child’s SKI PASS for the resort.
2015/2016 Program Cost:
- CFSC (Ontario Residents) Members: $1845
- ESCF (Quebec Residents) Members: $1915 (difference in provincial registration fees)
Volunteering: Camp Fortune Ski Club is a volunteer-driven not-for-profit organization. We rely on the participation of parents to run the events and races. Volunteering at races is necessary to ensure a safe and successful event for the athletes. No experience is necessary and you don’t even need to ski. We will provide training during the season and mentorship for all those eager to learn. If there are specific areas you would like to get involved in or if you would like to know what may be a good fit for you, don’t hesitate to come and talk to me. For parents who are new to the team, it is a great way to get involved in your child’s development in ski racing and to get to know other parents. Without volunteers we would not be able to have an event.