The U14 Program, for athletes 12-13 years old, is focused on mastering fundamental skiing skills, while introducing them to more specific ski racing techniques. The program is designed to inspire and challenge these young athletes, and motivate them to get the most out of their training in a safe and fun environment. Children learn age appropriate slalom, giant slalom and speed technical skills to develop their racing and skiing proficiency. CFSC professional coaches will also offer advice on conditioning, healthy living, pre-race mental preparation, and ski tuning, while fostering a team spirit within the athlete groups.
Our program is flexible and can accommodate athletes across various levels of commitment to the sport. In addition to our core 15 week racing module, racers can choose to participate in a variety of optional enhanced training programs: the conditioning camp in the sping/summer, pre-season off-snow training in the fall, pre-season camp in the late fall and extra training and specialty camps during the skiing season. We strongly recommend the complete training package for those committed to the alpine skiing as their main sport. See enhanced training for a full list of options.
The Base U14 program includes:
- 35 Days on snow
- Saturday & Sunday training and/or racing
- Christmas Camp TBD
- Start: TBD
- End: TBD
- Daily Schedule: 9:00 am – 3 p.m. with 1-hour lunch break. 8:30AM-3:00PM on weekends beginning in the new year
- Regional racing series, regional championships and club championship (Skimeister)
- Optional out of region travel races, and enhanced optional training camps available (at an additional cost)
- Club membership fee
- Regional Race Fees
- Club soft stretch mid-layer jacket
- Program (coaching + training)
- Refundable Volunteer Deposit: $250.00
- *Regional and Provincial fees
* The program includes NCD fees and AOA fees for CFSC registered Athletes; Regional ZSO fees, and SQA fees for ESCF registered Athletes and the PSO raffle ($40).
Note: The program fee does NOT include your child’s SKI PASS for the resort.
2015/2016 Program Cost:
- CFSC (Ontario Residents) Members: $1,895
- ESCF (Quebec Residents) Members: $1,950 (difference in provincial registration fees)
Volunteering: Camp Fortune Ski Club is a volunteer-driven not-for-profit organization. We rely on the participation of parents to run the events and races. Volunteering at races is necessary to ensure a safe and successful event for the athletes. No experience is necessary and you don’t even need to ski. We will provide training during the season and mentorship for all those eager to learn. If there are specific areas you would like to get involved in or if you would like to know what may be a good fit for you, don’t hesitate to come and talk to me. For parents who are new to the team, it is a great way to get involved in your child’s development in ski racing and to get to know other parents. Without volunteers we would not be able to have an event.
Physical Testing: Alpine Ontario Alpin requires that all U14 & U16 athletes aspiring to participate in the Provincial championships, must have a fitness testing result prior to Dec 31 of the competition season as part of their qualification process. Not having this result eliminates athletes not only from the Provincial championships but also opportunities to qualify for: any CanAm, Canada Winter Games, Whistler Cup or other National/international event qualified through the Provincials. Camp Fortune Ski Club will run a physical testing for it’s athletes. Date will be listed on our calendar.