Camp Fortune Ski Club offers athletes aged 16 and 17 years a base program of 15 weeks on snow training. Several enhanced training opportunities and camps allow you to build a robust program to excel your ski racing as far as you wish to take it. Athletes will train at Camp Fortune during the regular base program days, and will have the option to sign up for extra training days at larger mountains to be exposed to longer slopes, particularly to improve their Giant Slalom skiing.
The U18 racers will compete on the Quebec Entry-Level FIS races (Formally the Cadet Cup Series). Please note that ski and safety equipment must meet FIS standards. Contact your program director for details. A $1250 race fee is included in your program fees. This will be used towards travel and race entry to 4 Quebec Entry-Level FIS race series, and U18 NCD/OSZ finals. Any race fee amounts on top of this will be billed to you at the end of the season. U18 racers also have the option to race in the OSZ/NCD regional U16 race series.
U18 program registrants with the permission of the University Lead Coach, will have the option to participate in the university camps, and extra training days. Contact the program director for more details on how we can cater a program that fits your needs.
The Base U18 program includes:
- 35 Days on snow
- Saturday & Sunday training and/or racing (No training on Dec. 11, 24, 25)
- Christmas Camp Dec 27-29, Dec 31 – Jan 3, Jan 6-8, 2017
- Start: Saturday,
December 10, 2016 (No training Dec 11th)December 17th, 2016
- End: Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Daily Schedule: 9:00 am – 3 p.m. with 1-hour lunch break. 8:30AM-3:00PM on weekends beginning in the new year
- 4 FIS-ENL race series in Quebec, NCD/OSZ finals
- Optional out of region travel races, and enhanced optional training camps available (at an additional cost)
Base Program includes the following:
- Club membership fee
- Club Uniform (soft stretch jacket)
- Program (Coaching and Training)
- Refundable Volunteer Deposit: $250
* The program includes NCD fees and AOA for CFSC registered Athletes; Regional, ZSO, SQA and ACA fees for ESCF registered Athletes and the PSO raffle ($40).
Note: The program fee does not cover your FIS license. The program fee does NOT include athlete’s SKI PASS for the resort.
Approximate 2015/2016 Program Cost:
- CFSC (Ontario Residents) Members: $2,735
- ESCF (Quebec Residents) Members: $2,789 (difference in provincial registration fees)
Volunteering: Camp Fortune Ski Club is a volunteer-driven not-for-profit organization. We rely on the participation of parents to run the events and races. Volunteering at races is necessary to ensure a safe and successful event for the athletes. No experience is necessary and you don’t even need to ski. We will provide training during the season and mentorship for all those eager to learn. If there are specific areas you would like to get involved in or if you would like to know what may be a good fit for you, don’t hesitate to come and talk to me. For parents who are new to the team, it is a great way to get involved in your child’s development in ski racing and to get to know other parents. Without volunteers we would not be able to have an event.